A blog for my bibliophilic, polytheistic, fashion-crazy, tv-loving, geeky self. If you don't like the content, find another blog to follow!
Also! Not that it matters overmuch but, in case you were wondering I'm a cis- (she/her) bisexual damsel in no distress at all, thanks.
(Formerly SirenLily, polyvore handle LittleBardGirl)
It blows my mind that after all this time you’ve spent on earth, nobody ever bothered to tell you that your eyes aren’t fucking brown.
They are copper against honey and sage and when they water they glow, two perfect orbs the same shade as nature after it rains.
You’re not as simple as they wanted you to be.
"you’re not as simple as they wanted you to be"
I saw this post asking what kind of music other strega people listen to. Since I love making Spotify playlists I created this strega inspired one for myself and others to find some new music to listen to.
I added anything from dark folk music to haunting melodies and even some nerdy theme songs. Basically anything that gives me witchy and fantasylike mindset. If you like my playlist, you can follow it or you can pick the songs you like and add to your own playlists. I really took my time making this playlist so I hope you enjoy it!
It would be nice if you could suggest more songs for my playlist by sending me an ask or reblogging and listing your favourite witchy songs. I’d love this to be a community project but we’ll see how it goes. :)
Coming soon to the shop: SPOONIES UNITE!
11x14 lustre finish prints (c) SarahCate Creations
But maybe like… tomorrow.
If we’re up to it… and there’s no stairs involved…
And the weather’s ok…
And there’s accessible parking…
On second thought, maybe we should just skype…
After a nap.”
Shop Link to follow after a test print can be made!
Queer Avoidance, Vocabulary, Euphemisms, and the Language of Lesbians
9 Ways the Early Twentieth-Century Newspaper
Reviewed Broadway Plays & Avoided Saying the “L” Word
- "A Twisted Relationship" - New York Times, 1926
- "A Warped Infatuation" - New York Times, 1926
- "Tormenting Impulses" - World, 1926
- "Bondage" - World, 1926
- "The Poisonous Serpents Spell of Decadent Women" - Evening News, 1926
- "A Cancerous Growth" - Daily News, 1926
- "A Monstrous Sexual Perversion" - New York Evening Journal, 1934
- "L—N" - New York Herald Tribune, 1934
- "A Naughty Word" - New York Herald Tribune, 1934
16 (Ninetieth/Twentieth Century) Euphemisms for Lesbian Relationships
- Sentimental Friends
- Special Friends
- Romantic Friends
- Two Hearts in Counsel
- Love of Kindred Spirits
- Boston Marriages
- Roaring Girl
- Female Adventurer
Richards, Dell. Lesbian Lists: A Look at Lesbian Culture, History, and Personalities. Boston: Alyson Publications, 1990
895. Muggleborns wonder why there’s a large group of friendly, teenage ghosts around Hogwarts. They’re led by a funny boy with red hair and one ear who likes to joke around with Peeves, and he always says that they’re Dumbledore’s Last Army.